Featured Post

Saturday, July 20, 2013

rachel jeantel


I hesitate to say what follows, but what the hell:

I found this woman so depressingly inarticulate. Granted, she didn't ask to be thrust into the spotlight this way, yet she opens a window onto a world few of us see or hear from directly-- what I think of as, frankly, the barbarian, third-world 'culture' of the inner city.

She is a product of 11+ years of public education there at the taxpayer's expense yet can barely form words into sentences. She's got to have a very low IQ. I think we need to try to bring such people up to some minimal level of literacy and numeracy so that they can more or less function in daily life and maybe even hold down some kind of job. But don't expect miracles-- and don't bet the farm on it.

I gather this woman has now been offered a college scholarship by radio host Tom Joyner. We'll see.  Perhaps Pygmalion lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment