Featured Post

Friday, July 15, 2016

the gop and climate change

Reading this blog, one might get the impression that I'm very right-wing on just about everything, but a quick perusal of my other blogs will show that this simply isn't true. In fact, this blog is the exception. Although I am very right-wing on issues of crime and law and order, there is one issue-- the all-important issue, in my view-- on which I am way to the left:  climate change.

When it comes to climate change, the Republicans are simply out to lunch. How it has come to pass that a major American political party thinks it can ignore an overwhelming scientific consensus on this all-important subject is simply beyond me, but it can’t be allowed to stand. Of course, a majority of Republicans don’t even accept Darwinian evolution, so in that sense it’s hardly surprising. What’s unacceptable is not much the GOP’s ignorance of the science, but its arrogance in assuming such ignorance is acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment